About the role
The supply chain officer will be responsible for directing or coordinating production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety.
The supply chain officer is the key interface between the management of the company and the suppliers. The person is responsible for translating the Business requirements into optimal, efficient and integral supply chain policies and processes. He/she standardizes supply chain processes and continuously improves the supply chain performance. On timely manners, he also monitors the work of the manufacturing technicians and quality technicians in a manufacturing plant, oversee the record keeping of the team, and prepare appropriate reports for management.
As Amber Implants is in the development stage, “product industrialization” will inevitably be a part of this job. Therefore, the supply chain officer be responsible for driving the project management plan to complement business goals and supply chain, manufacturing strategy. During an NPI (new product introduction), he/she will be in the lead for the execution and release of new product introductions in the supply chain & manufacturing (design transfer) with minimal disruption of actual production.
What you will do
- Manage the entire supply chain, warehousing and logistics under the quality system of the company;
- Monitor (and if necessary, help to define) the supply chain settings, policies and planning priorities;
- Product industrialization and new product introduction project management;
- Ensure that sourcing strategies are properly executed;
- Negotiate the price with suppliers ;
- Manage communication with the company and vendors on weekly basis;
- Manage the logistics in the supply chain;
- Supports the execution of regulatory compliance improvement activities and QMS activities;
- Monitor and evaluate performance of suppliers with respect to supply chain management KPI’s and drive corrective actions if needed;
- Planning of ramp up (VRU);
- Prepare monthly S&OP and quarterly RFF;
- University Degree in technical or business administration;
- Minimum 2 and maximum 5 years’ experience in NPI or SCM environments;
- Fluency in English, Dutch and preferably in German;
- Excellent communication and presentation/moderator skills, influencing skills;
- Team player with good cooperation and information conduct, and ability to work as member in international teams;
- Preferably knowledge and experience in working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Ability to work from the office;
- Flexible on varying workload;
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, ability to manage complex projects, problems and structures while overseeing the big picture, Independence and decision-making ability;
- The opportunity to improve patient care and deliver high-quality products;
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, energetic, and rapidly-growing start-up with an international market;
- An exciting work environment where new challenges are faced every day;
- Personal and professional growth and development opportunities;
- Friday afternoon drink, and fun company events;
- Different canteens with warm food and good coffee in the building;
- Discounted access to GYM and other facilities of the WTC building, the Hauge.
About the company
Amber Implants is a fast-growing medical technology company located in The Hague, The Netherlands, with a focus on he development of a new implant for treatment of painful spinal fracture which affects millions of patients globally every year. Amber Implants has a flat organization structure composed of a young, ambitious and rapidly expanding team, located in WTC, the Hague, with a modern atmosphere and an informal culture. We are a company that recognizes your efforts, listens to your suggestions, gives you feedback to improve and congratulates you on your achievements, making it a pleasant work environment. The vacancy is for a full-time position (36-40 hours per week).
To apply, please send you motivation letter together with you full CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information you can always contact us.
Attention: **STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!**
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.