Effective date of current Policy: 21 September 2021
At Amber Implants we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. You can navigate the majority of our website without giving us any personal information about yourself. However, sometimes we need additional information about you in order to provide the information or services you are requesting.
This Policy applies to Personal Information that is Processed by Amber Implants on the Amber Implant website ( “Site”). “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This Policy is intended to meet requirements globally, including those in North America, Europe, APAC and other jurisdictions.
- What information do we collect about your?
- The way we use information
- Do share our information
- Our commitment to data security
- Cookies, log files and other technologies
- Your rights
- Do Not Track
- Rights of access, rectification erasure and other rights
- Our commitment to children’s privacy
- Data retention
- Other third party websites
- California users
- Notification of changes
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
- We may collect the following types of Personal Information from you through this Website: name, title, contact details including e-mail address, and telephone numbers.
- On some pages, you may opt to provide us information about yourself for example if you are interested in (a) an employment opportunity at Amber Implants; or (b) having Amber Implants reach out to you for answer questions. The information requested from you will be based on your area of interest.
- In order to improve the design and content of our Website, to enable us to better personalize your user experience, and for other purposes outlined in this Policy, we may collect certain technical information about our visitors when you visit our Site, such as the IP address or the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
The way we use your information
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information based on the legal grounds and for the legitimate business purposes outlined in this Policy or as otherwise clearly identified at point of collection. Our legitimate business purposes for processing Personal Information include:
- To provide products, Services, and information requested: We use your Personal Information to enable you to obtain information about our products and services and receive updates, provide you with opportunities to learn about our other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, and to enable us to respond to your requests.
- For administrative purposes: We also may use your Personal Information for our administrative purposes, such as to measure interest in and/or develop our services, ensure internal quality control, comply with regulatory requirements, prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To market our products and Services: Our use of Personal Information may also include for purposes of providing you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services.
- Other purposes: Amber Implants may use Personal Information for other purposes for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information and/or with your consent.
- To create anonymous and/or aggregated information: Amber Implants may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Amber Implants Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Amber Implants and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Information you submit via the Services: You agree that Amber Implants is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Amber Implants will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
Do we share your information?
We may share your Personal Information as described in this Policy (e.g., with our third-party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and products you have requested; (iii) payment processing; iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Amber Implants has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners: Amber Implants may share Personal Information with our business partners, affiliates, and for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Amber Implants requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it by any mean or for any purpose other than the means and purpose for which we provided it to them.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures): We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Amber Implant’s policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. Should such an event occur, Amber Implants will endeavor to direct the transferee to use Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Policy in effect at the time such Personal Information was collected and will comply with any legal or regulatory additional requirements applicable to those transfers.
We do not share personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties who are not covered by this privacy statement without your prior permission, except to the extent reasonably necessary to: (i) correct technical problems and malfunctions; (ii) protect the security and integrity of our Website; (iii) protect our rights, interests and property and the rights, interests and property of others; (iv) comply with laws or to respond to judicial process; or (v) provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation of a matter as applicable, or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Cookies, log files and other technologies
We receive IP addresses in the normal course of the operation of our Website. An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet.
- provide access to our content: for example, allow you to personalize your experience by keeping you logged in, accessing information, products, and services relevant to your areas of interest,
- Pixel tags/Web beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
You may be asked, in some cases, to consent to the processing of Personal Information. In any case, you have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information.
Where you have consented to Amber Implants’ processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by following the instructions in this Section. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Rights of access, rectification, erasure, and other rights
You may inquire as to whether Amber Implants is processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we limit, restrict, port, correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information. If you are an EU resident, you may have additional rights available to you, including the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority, the right to object to your data being processed, and certain rights related to our use of any automated-decision making processes (to the extent applicable).Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com or use any of the methods set out in this Policy to request access to, receive (port), seek rectification, request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Amber Implants, or exercise any other rights available to you under applicable law. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws.
Although Amber Implants makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Amber Implants is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Amber Implants determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Amber Implants will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not intend to collect or maintain information at our Website from those we know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
The information you provide to us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes and will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected, provide our products and services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Other third party websites
Our Website may contain links to other third party websites. You should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for privacy policies or practices of third-party websites that are not Amber Implants Websites.
We would be pleased to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Amber Implants does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
Notification of changes
Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the Individual for the processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, we will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
How to contact us
If you wish to access, correct, update, request removal of or exercise your rights in relation to any of your information you provided to us or if you have any questions regarding this statement or would like more information on our privacy practices, please contact us at: email@example.com or fill in the form at the contact page.
For queries by post, please write to us at:
Prinses Margrietplantsoen 33, Office 4.03
If you are an EU or Swiss citizen and feel that Amber Implants is not abiding by the terms of this Policy, please contact Amber Implants at the contact information provided above. If any request remains unresolved, you may contact the national data protection authority for your EU Member State.